It`s November! I cannot believe how quickly my time is going here. I've been here for two months! I've been going to school, speaking french, traveling, it's been amazing :) I have a group of friends here now as well! We're all international students, but from all over, so i'm learning not just french now, but some Spanish, and some Italian, and hopefully some other languages as well!
My latest big adventure was to Annecy, France this past weekend. Annecy is a very small town about 2 hours north east of Lyon, (20 minutes away from Geneva!). It's a beautiful place on a lake where you have beautiful views of the mountains.
Virginia and I expanded our traveling camaraderie for this trip. Virginia and I went with our new friend Hannah (from America), her boyfriend Pasan (from Dubai, but school in America), Omar (from Mexico), Giacomo (from Italy) and two german girls and another girl from Mexico. (I just met those girls on the trip)
We went to Annecy just for the day on Saturday, and left early in the morning to get a good start to the day. Unfortunately the start of the day was incredibly cold and rainy. And not the type of rain that's bearable to walk through, it was pouring. and we HAD to walk through. We tried to brave it, but ended up taking shelter for an early lunch.
Eventually it stopped raining, and even the sun snuck out for a little bit. So we were able to take some nice pictures that were only a little foggy, but much better than all that rain. So we walked by the lake, and through Vieux Annecy, where some of our group had to purchase some warmer clothes. Hannah needed boots that weren't paper thin, Virginia needed pants because she had worn a skirt that day, and Omar was desperate for a winter hat.
We explored the little town, and saw beautiful old churches, an old Prison, that is what everyone thinks of when they think of Annecy (who knows it haha). We went in this AMAZING chocolate shop as well, where the shop owner didn't really like us, because we only bought one tiny chocolate each! Except for Giacomo who bought a chocolate bar, made from 100% Cocoa. I don't know if you've ever tried that, but don't. It's absolutely DISGUSTING, and i think it tastes a little bit like dirt actually. hahaha Everyone hated it, but it was interesting to try. Also interesting to think how any chocolate could be gross, but this one was. Although 100% cocoa is the best kind of chocolate for you, i've heard, with all of the antioxidants and whatnot.
Eventually the cold got to us, and we had to take shelter in a bar, where we all warmed up with some hot drinks. Unfortunately when we came out, it was once again raining. We had one more trek to do before we left. We walked up (where everything good always is) to a Chateau, and then continued on to a beautiful old church. We explored there for a little bit before we headed back home, a little early, absolutely freezing, and a little damp. But despite the weather, it was a great trip! Although i'm hoping for a little less rain for my next day trips!!

All of us in front of the Prison (that you can't really see....)

On the lake with the beautiful mountains!
It's pretty cold and rainy in Lyon right now, According to the weather people, it's supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks almost straight. According to the Lyonnais people, it's abnormally cold for Lyon right now. So we're hoping that this is as cold as winter is going to get here. But no snow yet! Which is a little better than back home :P
I mentioned before how school is much more relaxed here than it is back home. Classes are only once a week instead of 3 or 4 times a week at home, so there's a lot less work to do on a daily basis. Although November is the time for all of the big projects to happen, but i've gotten so used to not have to do a lot of work, it's not easy getting motivated. But I am of course! (don't worry parents! haha)
We have school off this Wednesday November 11th, for Armistice (what they call remembrance day here). So of course i'll be using that ENTIRE day dedicated just for homework :P And a fondue party, but thats not important. :)
I think that's all for now! I love reading comments when anyone reads this! So if you do read it, either leave a comment, or send me a short email letting me know you've read it! Feel free to ask my any questions about my trip as well! I like hearing from everyone back home.
once again, if you click on the title, or this link, you can see pictures from my trip!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=18792&id=1642740063&l=a4d89b74e7
Until next time,
Elisa :)

This is by far the 2nd most favourite blog of those that I read. I highly recommend this blog for anyone who likes Elisa Ashby or has heard of her.
ReplyDeleteI hope your weather clears up!
Adrian
Great pictures Elisa...too bad the weather was lousy....can't wait to drag Grandma around there...now get studying!...love, Dad
ReplyDeletefon-don't eat too much cheese!
ReplyDeleteGood times :D
ReplyDelete